Saturday, February 16, 2013

Project 365 - Day 47 - The tree in coronation park - part 1

So there is this tree.  It's in Coronation park in Oakville.  I love this tree, it has a lot of character. I have a plan to capture it in every season.  Should be interesting.

So when Sonia kicked me out of the house with my camera this afternoon to go and shoot, I decided to get some shots of Coronation park.  There are a lot of birds and squirrels and people around this park most of the time, so I thought it would make for some good shots.  When I first got there, I set up the shot of the tree.  I think it turned out great!  The sky is bland, and just a flat white, but I bumped up the contrast to draw more attention to the tree.  I also reduced the clarity a bit.

I took a shot of my settings on the camera and lens, so that when I go out in the spring I will have a reference.  What's that you say?  Just record the metadata from the shot in lightroom and bring it with you? Well, that's a very good idea, but it requires organization - something I usually lack.  I always have my phone with me... :-)

Here's the shot.  I took a lot of other shots today, and I will be posting on facebook as well.


ISO 400 f/4.5 and 1/250.  On a tripod.  34mm focal length with my 24-70 mm lens. 

When I get all four shots, I will be cropping more of the bottom of the shot out.  I just cropped this to 4X5 to make it easy to post.  I want the shots to be the exact same focal length, angle and depth of field, hence the tripod.  I took a shot of where the tripod was positioned, so it should be easy to recreate.

No comments:

Post a Comment